What is inside
When buying a Stommel house you will be quoted a price for the shell construction including partition walls, windows, front door, roof and the internal fittings if you wish. The "fully fitted" house includes:
- the electrical installation including light switches, sockets, cables for lighting; all where you want them located, but not the actual lamp fittings, bulbs etc. You just need to connect lamps and your kitchen appliances.
- the under floor heating and screed, i.e. the floor is ready to be covered
- the heating system (air source heat pump) and the connections in the house
- the floor covers, i.e. tiles or parquet downstairs and parquet or carpet upstairs
- the wall tiles for all the bathrooms, shower rooms and WCs and the kitchen
- the toilets with wall flush units, wash basins, baths, shower trays, shower cabins, mixers and towel rail radiator for all bath rooms, i.e. the bath rooms are complete apart from furniture and lights
- the plumbing for all locations where water is required including the kitchen, utility room, outside tap and, of course, for all bathrooms, shower rooms and WCs
- a fine white finish for all internal wall elements - a natural wood finish as standard for the inside surface of the outer wall elements
- ceilings, built with visible purlins and rafters; the timber is joined durably and elegantly and achieve a pleasing design (except upstairs ceiling of "Juniper")
- the fitted stair case made of beech wood with stainless steel or wooden balustrades
- the windows, French doors and patio doors
- the front door and all internal doors
We select a range of high quality fittings as standard using renowned brands and contemporary products. You will receive a description of all the items included, giving their make and model. During the three day fittings meeting in Germany you can personally select your preferred choice of bathroom suites, floor covering, stair case etc and we will calculate the price difference (increase or decrease depending on your selection). You only pay for what you actually select.
What is not inside
We do not provide
- the connection of services, i.e. you need to organise the connections required for sewage, electricity, water and gas direct with the applicable service companies.
- the bottom slab or cellar, however Stommel Haus supply at no extra charge the required detailed plans for the slab, or if preferred the static calculations required by your architect for the design of a cellar. Our local agent can recommend a local architect and land surveyor which you need to determine exactly where the house goes on the plot and for the block plan required for planning approval. The local agent can also recommend ground work sub contractors to build the slab or cellar, to prepare paths, drives etc., for decking and to provide landscaping around the house and garden.
- the kitchen, because the selection of a kitchen is so dependent on your personal taste. The choice is huge. We will provide the kitchen area with water and electricity to match your choice of kitchen and can recommend high quality kitchen suppliers.
- in-built wardrobes
These pictures show a very few sample items only.
Bathroom fittings are selected during the two day fitting meeting.
Towel rail radiators from Zehnder in white are fitted in all bathrooms.
High quality air source heat pump from Waterkotte is fitted to provide hot water for the house and provide the heat for the underfloor heating.
The choice of front doors is huge.